Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just shot...

About (I'm not making this up) 1,700 photos at two VISC soccer games today: Comets GU-12, and Pirates FC GU-11.

The deal is that I try to get some shots of *everyone* -- not just the stars, and not just the star moments.

So I take lots of photos.

Also I wanted a lot of photos to look at to see how the new EOS 5D Mark II body is doing.

70-200mm f2.8 zoom with the 1.4x extender, for an effective focal length of 98-280mm.

ISO 800 early on, then to ISO 1600 as some heavier cloud cover came in. White balance "Cloudy". Aperture priority exposure at f5.6, most shutter speeds (that I noticed) > 500th second.

Using center-point auto-focus, AI Focus, with the Auto-Focus Stop button and the AE/FE buttons swapped at C-Fv IV-2, and thus working as a Focus Lock/Stop.

Love the BG-E6 Battery Grip as it lets me quickly roll the camera over to Portrait when the soccer players get right up on me at the side lines, and then quickly roll the camera back over to landscape as they pass by.

Oh yeah: the Comets GU-12 team won 3-nil, and the Pirates FC GU-11 team won by either 3- or 4-nil!

No comments:

Post a Comment