Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A milestone of sorts...

...happened at the Pirates' basketball game this evening down at the High School gym.

I just shot my first 10,000 shots (in fact 10,227 by actual count) on the new EOS 5D Mark II.

:-/

This poses a logistical problem of sorts, one that I've had to come to terms with before.

If I want all my photos to be sequential when I put them up on my web site ( xxxx_some_event_name.jpg -- where xxxx are four incrementing digits) what do I do when I roll over from IMG_9999.CR2 to IMG_0001.CR2?

I use the Linux rename command to rename the RAW files, dropping the IMG_ prefix, and adding a "1" prefix to the 9xxx.CR2 file names, and a "2" prefix to the 0xxx.CR2 file names, and now my shots wrap around from 19,999 to 20,000 and onward.

Cool, huh?

'Course I'll also use rename to add a more descriptive middle to the RAW files, something like _Boys_Varsity_BBall_v_Fife_120909 most likely...

No comments:

Post a Comment