Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tuesday night's...

...VISC soccer practices gave me a very good opportunity to work on several things I don't usually get to mess with during the course of an actual game.
  • A manually-set color temperature of 3300K for the McMurray field lights works about as good as anything's going to get to establish the proper white balance at RAW conversion
  • Shot at manual exposure, ISO 6400, 250th second, f5.6, and just let 'er rip: pick up the exposure pieces during RAW conversion and post-processing
  • alternated between a single center-point-focus and the generic 9 auto-focus points; jury's still out, although I'm still tending to think that the single center-point-focus works best
  • alternated between single shot and motor drive; in the past I've found that motor drive doesn't necessarily do any better at catching that One Perfect Moment(tm) than just becoming familiar with a sport and leaving the timing up to my shutter finger
Also I was able to get out on the field, right next to the goal, and get the lights (such as they are) somewhat where I wanted them...

No comments:

Post a Comment