Thursday, December 3, 2009

Things are getting...

...a little tricky with the RAW conversion for the McMurray girls' soccer photos.

What's going on is that I shot from daytime-no field lights into darkness-full field lights.

The daytime photos were shot White Balance "cloudy" because that's what it was.

The full nighttime photos were shot White Balance 3300K because that's what it was then.

What's happening now is that I'm doing the dusk photos: the final photos of the Varsity match is mostly "daylight" with the field lights just starting to come on, and the first JV match photos were taken as it got darker and darker and the field lights had more and more effect.

So at the moment I'm manually converting the Varsity at 5200K, and manually converting the JV photos at 4500K.

I suspect the Varsity photos will ease toward 4500K at the last of them, and at some point I'll ease down to 3300K as the JV photos move into full darkness.

:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment